Seniors who choose to hire a private senior care agency or caregiver to provide for their care services can benefit from a professional plan of care. A senior care plan will guide the caregiver to maintain a consistent routine and include all the necessary activities in Florham Park for healthy aging.
Senior Care Plans
With home health care agencies in Florham Park, you can receive many benefits allowing you to live a much easier and stress-free life. With someone providing care for your senior parents when you are not around, you have nothing to worry about. When you are overburdened with the responsibility of caring for your parents and for your own family, you might become unhappy and irritated and this could lead to more tensions and worries in your family. Home healthcare agencies can help by sending professionals who are trained and suited to provide all kinds of help to your senior folks, ranging from personal care services to medical services.
Senior Care - Choosing a Facility
Senior caregivers working with seniors in their homes and in nursing and assisted living communities may be required to have certifications prior to being employed. Senior care services involve both companion care and assisting with Activities of Daily Living.
What certifications are available for senior caregivers?
- Nursing Aide Certification
- Home Health Aide Certification
- Personal Care Assistant Certification
What duties are required for certified aides?
- Assisting with Personal Care
- Toileting (includes catheter and colostomy care)
- Feeding (includes feeding tubes and meal preparation)
- Transfers (using a gait belt when required)
- Range-of-motion exercises
- Repositioning to prevent bed sores
- Monitoring vital signs
- Medication monitoring
- Managing care for seniors with memory loss
Many more caregiving skills are learned in these training programs and you can gain further knowledge or test your current nursing aide skills by taking a nursing aide practice test which contains questions asked on the official nursing aide certification exams. The Department of Health in each state regulates the exams which nursing aides must pass to receive their final certification. Senior care companies are constantly hiring caregivers with and without certification to meet their ongoing staffing needs as the population ages.
How to Find the Best 24 Hour Companion Care Services in Florham Park,Morris County?
Whether your loved one lives alone, with a spouse or family member it is important to keep informed as to the health and physical changes they may be experiencing. These changes can occur rapidly or slowly over time either way we must be aware of what is occurring and what we can do to help in managing the changes.
Some basic guidelines to watch for which will indicate changes are:
1. Look at overall current health status. Does your loved one require more care than can be given at home? Can they manage OK with the assistance of a home care worker? Do they require a few hours daily or weekly to make life a little easier? Has their level of care changed to requiring constant watch?
2. Evaluate the use of medication and their nutritional intake. Are they remembering to take medication or are they forgetting when they have last taken it? Are they able to prepare nutritional meals or do they require some assistance?
8. Are there changes to memory of family names? Do you see signs of limbs shaking? Are there signs of bruising on the skin?
By taking the time to observe these questions you are better prepared to assist your loved one in making the necessary changes which will allow them to live a longer, healthier but more importantly, a safer retirement. Once you have determined the current state of affairs, the next step is to communicate your observations. This is the critical part of the Home Care assistance process, as Home Care Providers want you to share your observations. By working together to keep the lines of communication open it will prevent the appearance of loss of control to your loved one and will instead be indicative of a united front of providing compassionate loving care.